Monday 19 November 2012

A reflective journey - Post 2

Last week after an eye opening lesson on ICT, which in fairness I have commented on my peers thoughts and views through out the week to my fellow colleagues.  I enjoyed the lesson and found the information on Ipads very interesting, listening to all my  peers opinions on how they use them within their schools.  I found it interesting, that they were often being used as a tool for writing, when we already have white boards.  The lecturer made a valid point saying, they have to bring something new to the table, not just be another way of doing something.

The homework we were set for this week, was to use something technical.  To be honest just to hold my television remote for a whole evening, would not just be something technical but a miracle. To pry it out of the hands of my family would be a challenge alone.  Hence why in my planning this week, I wanted to plan an ICT lesson, within the personal and social subject skills, where we could use the Ipad. 

The activity was  a treasure hunt of sorts using the number 5.  The children were divided in to 2 groups and the first group had to decide where to hide the number 5's around the school, and using the IPAD take a photograph of the chosen place.  They would then take it in turns to film each other on the IPAD giving the other group a clue to where the number 5 could be.

I then showed the children how we could email our films and photographs to the classroom, where the other groups would pick up the details and would be able to go and hunt for the number 5's.  I crossed my fingeres that it would work, and I was truly amazed at how quickly it did.  I still think it is magic, David Blane it your heart out.  We went back to the class to see if it had worked, only to find the other group laughing at the children in the email and commenting on where the number 5's could be.  I think I was more amazed and enthused than anyone. 

I understand that this weeks homework was not to be solely related to education, however I did come home and pick up my husbands IPAD, and discovered that I can play Patience on it.   It even deals it out and you can press undo and hint!  I was like a woman possessed, £400.00 for a fancy Patience machine, worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment