Monday 31 December 2012

Christmas Keep Fit



Over the Christmas period I have decided it is time to get up and start some exercise.  I loathe running, however, for me it is a cheap, flexible option.  I can easily work it around home life and work.
   On my first run I managed 2 miles walking and running.  In appearance, I looked like I had been thrown out of the house with a fridge on my back.  I hated every minute, never the less I was not going to be perturbed.  On my next adventure my husband offered me his Ipod Classic to use whilst running.  I must of been 16 the last time I exercised with head phones in, using the very state of the art - portable CD player.  It was useless and stopped continuously, due to being bumped.  I believe the only way a portable CD player  would work properly, would be if the person tiptoed around with the CD player balanced on a velvet cushion. So I wasn't convinced, my husband did warn me it would be like running with a brick in my pocket due to the weight of the classic, however I thought I would give it ago.
  He was certainly right about the weight of the Ipod classic, clanking about in my pocket, It did make me feel like I was 16 again, running in the 1990's but only due to my husbands music selection, not done to the fact the Ipod Classic itself kept faltering, quite to the contrary it worked like a dream, never missed a beat, I was incredibly impressed. I loved listening to the music while I was running, although I still hate running. Listening to the music was definitely a big help or distraction, from the wind and the rain and the pain.
  My husband had an Ipod shuffle for Christmas and at the time I thought it looked a little pointless, but when he ran in front of me, he skipped along like a gazelle not someone with a brick in their pocket.  I may invest, I am now investigating how to put music on to these magic little items.  I am determined to do so, due to the fact I cannot bare to listen to Meatloaf or Roxette one more time.

And who said size does not matter!






No comments:

Post a Comment