Wednesday 2 January 2013

Getting back to the grind!



House tidy, it is raining outside, gang happily playing.  Time to sit down and channel some new ideas for starting back in school next week.  The children will be painting their favourite Christmas present and chatting about what they enjoyed best about Christmas, amongst other activites but I would like use ICT, one of my ideas is as follows:

When we go back to school it will have been the celebration of the Epiphany on the previous Sunday and I am intending on doing a quick re-cap on the Christmas story.  I have come up with a unique way to do this and incorporate ICT and listening skills.  On the Kent Website I found a link to animal sounds, my intention will be to reflect on the story using this tool.  I will remind them that baby Jesus was born in a stable full of animals.  I will then use the link as a fun way of getting them to listen and see if they can guess the animal by listening to their bray of neigh. Now to make a PowerPoint with each of the different animal.  I wonder if I could incorporate the image on to the PowerPoint.  Here goes.

http://gallery.nen.gov.uk/asset81148_14724-.html   This is the link for the animal sounds,  their are probably loads but this works for me, mostly farm animals.

1 comment:

  1. This looks impressive Al, hope it all goes to plan. I'm sure the children will love it.

    ReplyDelete